According to the website Single Season there are quite a few places I can expect to find or be found so I figure what the heck, let’s have a good look. So here is the list, does it get you thinking? Oh by the way, the purple inserts are mine…
- Airport Lounge – I’m not a frequent flyer yet so unless I get a job at the an Airport that’s out.
- Art gallery – uhm… enhance my appreciation of art or fine some sort of art I can honestly gush over.
- Barbershop (take a young brother/nephew) – aah…uhm…
- Birthday parties –
- Book club – uhm…Do men read…much? Honestly, I don’t know. If so, what kinds of books would be enjoyable or informative for both genders? Really. Business…technical books? Books about sports? Fishing? Cars? Boys Toys? Ok…I’m naive.
- Bookstore – Been to Floyd’s, London numerous times. A few Dads and Grand Dads…!? Don’t do married men nor …well. Doesn’t seem promising, especially since Amazon and Kindle. Bad Amazon!!!
- Business events/networking – uhm, Ok…sharpen my networking skills.
- Careers fair – ?
- Charitable service – Currently spend waaay, too much time in Church meetings, committees, community planning meetings and the male:female ratio is the same…oh with lots of married and/or Older men…with a capital Oh!
- Christenings – sigh…
- Church – Home congregation has a ratio problem and Church Trawling ‘me no likey-likey’. I want to be where I’m suppose to be, doing what I’m suppose to be doing at the time I’m suppose to be doing it and just be found! After all, God knows where I live!!! This idea is great for men though…calling all men!
- Church conferences/events (at other churches too) – I work too hard…I knew it! I’m always the busy bee among all the other busy bees getting the job done and darn it, I always forget to (a) check for the r
ing (b) smile more (c) work with one eye open! Note to self – Multi-task!
- Church ministry team – Didn’t I just say their was a ratio issue… aha! I’ll join CVM and try to get my congregation to volunteer as party hosts for the Pentecost Festival. #1 is no good for me…but I just started following them on twitter…Oh the sacrifices I make for my virtual journey buddies. And #2, local missions, Church networking and way more important is the potential to reach men…at least for the next generation…uhm, maybe.
- Coffee shop – How many Hot Chocolates would I have to daintily sip on before you Sir, walk across and ask if you may join me?
- Comedy club – not really feeling the feasibility of this one…while I’m rolling on the floor, holding my belly, gasping for air and mopping up my tears…but it could work.
- Commute to work – Same journey everyday at about the same time. Beloved Nana and her hubby making their daily trip for a stint of shopping or to pick up their pension; Mums with their small, medium or large ‘bundles of joy’, students and lots of guys with their trousers below their bums…!>@%&~)#? I think I need to move, don’t you? Oh, and there’s that one-legged guy with his dog. But hey now…don’t be picky!
- Engagement parties – Note to Self: Find new friends who are getting engaged ‘soonest’.
- Evening classes (i.e. photography, cooking, accounting, dance) – Accounting, done! Prospects, none!
- Finance seminars – uhm, promising. But would a guy try to pick up a girl while admittedly needing to attend a finance seminar…possibly under the cover of darkness? Just kidding. Sounds workable.
- Gospel concerts – I feel like ‘Country Mouse’ now. How many Gospel Concerts do I really need to go to in one lifetime? Besides, who goes to these things with ‘scope him out, catch his eye, somehow get him to ask for my number’ as their primary agenda or does it require a skilled ‘Halle-may-I-have-your-number-please-lujah’? Gain new skills!
- Hairdressers (take a young sister/niece) – Possibly a fab idea for non-UK residents but us UK-ites are ‘blessed’ with a predominantly female:male ratio in Hairdressing. So unless…ahem…
- Health food store – So here’s my shopping list: psyllium husk, vitamin a-z?, 1 born-again tall, dark & handsome, rye bread, tea tree oil, an engagement ring and soy milk. How’s that?
- Library – shhhh! No talking.
- Gyms – Ok…I’m gonna join the gym. It’s my New Year’s Resolution for 2014. Promise.
- Supermarket – ‘Would you pass me that ‘Home Alone’ dvd from the top rack please? So, do you come here often?’ Yes, we sell dvds in our supermarkets, don’t you?
- Local town meeting – oooh…not one more meeting…groan.
- Lunch breaks (get away from the office) – Note to Self: Cancel Desk-date.
- Museum – Been…done…t-shirt…families…grands a plenty.
- Online dating sites – I’ve only seen one that says ‘Christian’ that actually seem to have ‘real’ Christian men on it. Maybe it’s just me. Check out Christian Connections.
- Opera – Les Miserable! I believe you should never begin something you don’t want in your life…longterm!
- Professional Dating service – Isn’t this just available to Asians and/or Muslims? Scratching head… Research!
- School reunion – oooooh…3 steps forward, 15 back?
- Sports (i.e. Tennis or Golf club) – Fab for sports fanatics. Note to Self: Love Sports! It’s good for you.
- Sports events (i.e. baseball, football) – ….uhm Les Miserable!!! If I love him then I…’ll try reeeally hard to love his sports. Until then, no thanks.
- Support groups – ‘…sniffle, sob, sob…’. What kind o f support group lends itself to dating? Ponder! AA…Stop Smoking…Drug Rehab…Grieve Counselling…oy!
- Technology event – I don’t know my jpeg from my Drupal so this could work. Calling all Teachers! (Males Please…did I say Christian?)
- Theatre – This is a really long list. Something here should work.
- Volunteer work – Since I’m doing a lot of these things I should be hitched already, no?
- Walking/Public transportation (instead of driving) – tick
- Walks in the park – families…couples…dog-loving (read ‘kissy-kissy-dog-loving’) walkers… Find new park!
- Weddings – Find new friends who are getting married…or Gate Crash!
- Wine tasting evening – Develop an appreciation for alcohol.
- Word of Mouth – The boys don’t talk…they already have an abundance of choices. The girls? We all have the same problem. Mum, Grand, Dad…oy! The stress is already too great.
I truly hope you feel encouraged by this list. You now have 43 more chances of finding…or being found.
As for me, I’m getting some books and moving to Mars!