“Have you ever been for a job interview? When you went to try and find a job, did you walk in there arrogant and proud thinking, “Well, I’m really going to grill these people to make sure that they give me the right kind of benefits that I want”?
“Did you walk in there with a full list of questions that you wanted to ask your prospective employer, and you were planning to hit him, one after the other, until he bowed to you and said, “Okay I will give you what you want!”? Single No More pg. 19
So according to Les, when there is a ‘vacancy’ in your life for a spouse, this is not the way to do it!
You need to ask the following questions but certainly not in an ‘interrogative-floodlights shining in their eyes-potential spouse mentally tied to a chair-hooked up to a live wire with questions flying at ever-increasing speed’ sort of way. For some peculiar reason potential spouses just don’t seem to like this approach very much. Go figure!
Please check out the following questions to see whether they fell from your lips in your last ‘first encounter’.
- So… what’s your profession? or
- What qualifications do you have?
- Where do you work?
- Do you enjoy your job?
- Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years…in 5-10 years?
- How do you feel about children…pets…discipling children…?
- Who do you think should discipline ‘our’ children?
- Do you prefer city life or living in the country?
- How do you feel about adoption?
- Do you agree that a woman’s place is in the home?
- Do you think a man should foot all the household bills?
- How do you feel about a woman being the higher earner in a marriage?
Well…after that I can’t think of anything to say. Can you?
Oh…oh, How much do you earn?